Monday, June 27, 2011

"Just"..."Easily"..."Yourself"

It's kind of a weird thing to have needles delivered to your door. It also took me by surprise that we didn't need to sign for them and they were OK just leaving them on the doorstep when no one was home.

I was convinced that we started the shots on Friday morning. Thursday night right before bed, I glanced up at the calendar on our bedroom mirror and noticed that the big green "go" box highlighting the shots was on Saturday. So I slept easy for one more night. I really don't like needles.

Friday, we realized that Saturday morning, I would be working in the temple - right when I was supposed to have the first shot. The following sentence came out of Mr.'s mouth: "Well, that's ok! You could just easily give yourself the shot on one of your breaks."

That didn't go over so well.

And so, at 4:45 on Saturday morning, Mr. got the shot ready and stuck me. It was so not as bad as I was expecting it to be! He did such a good job. A friend of mine told me that she has her husband put the shot in as she's exhaling and that seems to help. She also said that she lets the medicine warm up [in the syringe, out of the fridge] for about 5 minutes before the injection. We've always been in too much of a hurry to wait for that, but I'd really like to try it because all 3 shots I've had have left me pretty sore. She also said that she's tried standing up, laying down, and sitting up. She prefers sitting up, I prefer laying down. I think it's because I can relax more.

So what's your trick?

Have you come across anything that makes injections a breeze?

P.S. We are less than a month away from our tentative transfer date!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment