Monday, June 13, 2011

IVF #1 - The Schedule

Our appointment went SO well on Friday! It's surreal to think that this is all happening right now...to US. We walked into the clinic and sat down with the scheduler to go over the plan for the next 2 months. Here are the highlights:

  • Pre-natal Vitamins every night with dinner
  • June 8 - Birth Control Pill - take with dinner
  • June 20 - Lu.pron & Doxy.cycline arrives in mail
  • June 25 - Begin 10 units of Lu.pron in the AM 
  • June 25 - Begin Doxy.cycline twice a day for both me and Mr. - take with food
  • June 25 - Begin Baby Asprin 
  • July 2 - Last day for Birth Control
  • July 4 - Last day of Doxy.cycline 
  • July 8 - Baseline Ultrasound, Shot Class, Blood Draw
  • July 9 - Begin Foll.istim in the AM
  • July 9 - Begin Meno.pur in the AM
  • July 13 - Last day for high impact exercise
  • July 14 - Blood Draw
  • July 15 - Last day for intercourse
  • July 16 - Ultrasound
  • July 17 - Ultrasound
  • July 18 - Ultrasound
  • July 19 - Ci.pro for Mr. 
  • July 20 - Possible Egg Retreival!
  • July 23 - Possible 3-day Transfer
  • July 25 - Possible 5-day Transfer
  • July 26-27 - Princess Days (<-- REALLY looking forward to these. :) Basically I just can't really do anything for 48 hours. I'm thinkin' pedicure & chick-fliks) 
It's humbling to realize, we're on step 2 of 22 for this process. BUT, we are moving forward! The days keep passing by and I keep taking pills. I'm so very excited and just grateful to live in a time where this modern medicine is available to us. Thanks for your support and comments! They really help me stay positive! 

Also, battle plan tactic #1 is to only read positive IVF stories, so if you know of any good ones, link me up! There are so many horrible stories out there about failed IVFs, but I have to keep my head up and walk forward with confidence. I need to remember that this really does work for so many people.

Oh, and I should probably mention that we are the proud new owners of a Wii. :) lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment