Monday, April 11, 2011

Fasting

It's funny how the things that you pray and fast for change as you break down the fertility process. When we first got married, we prayed to know if we needed to start our family. When we started "trying" we prayed that we would conceive a child. When we weren't having success naturally, we prayed to know what was going on. When we tried our first IUI, we prayed for a baby. Last month, my body didn't ovulate, something we had taken for granted each and every cycle.

This month, we fasted that my body would ovulate and that we would be given the chance to conceive our baby. I am charting this month (waking up at 5:30 am each day to take a temperature is REALLY lame. But it is a means to an end. The Mr. often puts the thermometer in my mouth and takes it out while I try to wake up stay asleep.)

I started taking ovulation tests on day 10, exactly 1 week ago. I anticipated a positive test on day 14 or 15, but no luck. So, on day 16, we started our fast. Today, I went to take the ovulation test. I had to take it at work, and standing in the bathroom stall I don't know that I have ever prayed so hard in my life. Knowing the Mr. was sitting somewhere in class praying for the same thing brought me a lot of comfort. It's that feeling when the spirit just makes your heart sing. I looked down and this is what I saw:



Our last IUI was done on day 22. So day 17 is a MAJOR improvement.

We just can't wait to see what the next month holds for us. Hopes are high! We are united. God is watching over us. He has heard our prayers. What a difference fasting makes!

So excuse us, we've got some phone calls to make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment